In the initial six months of 2023, Gamstop has announced a notable 12% year-on-year upswing in new enrollments for its self-exclusion initiative. Gamstop Within the period ending on June 30th, over 48,000 individuals have subscribed to Gamstop, choosing to prohibit themselves from all certified online gambling platforms.
Among those who completed the registration, a noteworthy 50% opted for the longest available self-exclusion term of five years, as facilitated by Gamstop. The demographic breakdown indicated that 71% of the new participants were male, while the remaining 29% were female.
Furthermore, the organization underscored that May experienced the highest influx of new registrations in its operational history, surpassing the prior record set in March of the same year, which had witnessed 8,504 new subscriptions.
Gamstop Approaches 400,000 Registrants The cumulative count of individuals who have enlisted with Gamstop since its establishment half a decade ago now stands at over 390,000. Specifically, during the year 2022, a total of 84,000 people initiated the registration process.
Gamstop’s range of exclusion periods encompasses six months, one year, or a maximum span of five years.
“The present data underscores the enduring significance of Gamstop in aiding consumers to shield themselves from the perils of gambling. During our commemorative parliamentary event in June, which marked the fifth anniversary of Gamstop, we were touched by the poignant narratives shared by those who have benefited from the initiative …. This statistical revelation contextualizes those narratives and personal encounters, demonstrating that self-exclusion is an increasingly pivotal instrument for individuals striving to take a hiatus from gambling.
Fiona Palmer, the CEO of Gamstop